Skip to content
- 1 kg beef
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper seeds
- 2 star anises
- 4 small bay leaves
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons Chinese Shaoxing Wine
- 800 ml water
- 2 tablespoons rock sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pickled garlic juice
- 2 pickled garlic heads
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon green cap sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black soy sauce
How to cook
- Heat the pot, add 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Brown the meat surface. Put the meat out and set aside.
- Add coriander seed, black pepper seed, star anises, bay leaves, pounded garlic cloves and stir until fragrant.
- Add Chinese Shaoxing Wine to deglaze the pot.
- Put the meat back into the pot, add 800 ml of water to cover the meat.
- Season with rock sugar, salt, pickled garlic juice, pickled garlic heads, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, green cap sauce, fish sauce, sweet soy sauce and black soy sauce.
- Turn on low heat and simmer for 2 hours until meat is tender.
- Take the pot off the heat and let it cool. Keep in the refrigerator for 1 night to intensify the flavor.
- The next day, take it out of the refrigerator. Remove solid fat from the surface and bring to a boil before serving. Enjoy!